Snuggle up safe and warm this winter with a Kindle Fire!
McComish Property Services is running the Kindle Fire competition to highlight the importance of acting to protect your property before the cold weather sets in.
With Christmas parties and festivities underway its easy to forget the boring stuff like winter maintenance. But, a few simple steps could help you avoid costly and distressing damage to your building. For example, if there was an emergency, do you know where the stopcock for the incoming water supply is?
To enter the Kindle Fire competition and have a warm winter, read our winter prevention tips and answer our question in the form below.
Essential tips to avoid winter damage
The most common winter related problems are blocked guttering, leaking roofs, burst pipes caused by freezing temperatures and damaged boilers.
- Gutters – Clear leaves from gutters and make sure drain pipes are running freely (crucial for flat roofs.)
- Pipes – Protect both internal and external pipes from freezing through insulation (last year the average cost from frozen pipes that burst was £3000 per household.)
- Boilers and Central Heating – Service your boiler or central heating system and make sure it is running properly.
- Stopcock – Make sure you know where the stopcock is in case of emergencies. (Often under the sink or where the main service pipe enters the property.)
- Insulation – Make sure that your loft is insulated and that your doors and windows are draft proof.
Paul McComish, CEO of McComish Group, said:
“Calls for immediate assistance more than treble during the winter season. Most emergencies involve escape of water caused by blocked gutters, burst pipes and roof damage. We are available on Christmas day on a 24 x 7 basis and do everything in our power to fix burst pipes and water damage, but ultimately we want our customers to avoid the distress and disruption altogether. That’s why we are rolling out our free roof & guttering survey.”
Free gutter and roof survey
McComish is rolling out preventative winter prevention services to make sure you stay snug this winter. Starting with a free roof and gutter survey for properties in Glasgow. To get your free roof and gutter survey click here.
Enter to Win
a Rafflecopter giveaway
The competition is open from 17/12/12 until 11.59pm on 17/01/13. The winner will be picked at random on 20/01/13.
ENDS: 17 JANUARY 2013