The biggest emergency plumbing insurance claim over winter is ‘escape of water’, largely due to frozen and burst water pipes.
People leaving their home unoccupied or landlords with vacant properties should keep the heating on or make sure the heating system has been drained by a professional plumber to avoid frozen pipes.
If you require plumbing services in Glasgow and the surrounding areas call us on 08000 327 577 for immediate assistance.
Plumbing tips to avoid frozen pipes
Here are my simple plumbing tips on how to avoid burst water pipes this winter.
- Make sure water tanks and pipes in the loft are insulated with good quality lagging.
- Check and bleed your radiators.
- Make sure everyone in the home or property knows where the stopcock is and make sure that it works!
- Checks taps for dripping and repair now (to avoid frozen pipes).
- Once the cold weather settles in, leave any loft door open to circulate heated air.
- If you are going away over winter switch heating to a low setting to help heat pipes. Remember to ask a friend or relative to check the while you are away, so that any burst pipes may be detected as soon as possible.
Emergency plumbing Glasgow
McComish property services provides 24 / 7 emergency pluming in Glasgow and the surrounding districts.
Image: Eric Kilby @ Flickr